1950 Buick Sedanette Chopped CustomSOLD! SOLD! SOLD!
- Sunfire Pearl
- Mileage 38,000
- 350 C.I.D.
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!
Chop, Drop and Drool! When we say we have a car here at Happy Days Dream Cars in Warrensburg, Missouri that was awarded the Goodguys 2006 Cool Custom Award so you know we must be referring to a very prestigious automobile! Before the complete transformation, the car was a 38,000 mile 1950 Buick 2 Door survivor car tucked away in a storage unit in Southern California. When discovered, it had a solid and rust free body tanned by the warm California sun – a perfect candidate for what was about to happen. Since completion, this car has been a true crowd pleaser. You may even recognize this car as it has appeared in several national publications to include the May 2006 edition of American Rodder Magazine. Open that magazine and it is the very first car you see featured in an exclusive 8 page article! Imagine how many man hours went into creating this amazing ride! The laborous and detailed restoration using many period correct Cadillac parts, state of the art accessories and blending the talents of some of the most notorius custom car creators on the West Coast resulted in what is best described in one word -delicious! , this car even retains its original owner warranty, car manuals and dealership brochures, we even have the original (now yellowed a teensy bit) newspaper ad Buick used in 1950 – more delicious!
FEATURES, OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES:
- 1978 GM Front clip married to the original Buick frame
- GM 350 Turbo Automatic Transmission
- 3.76 Rear End Gears
- 10 Bolt Posi
- KYB Shocks
- Front and Rear Adjustable Air Ride Suspension
- GM Disc Brakes
- Late Model Cadillac Seville Steering and much, much more…
- 350 Cubic Inch powerplant rated at 300 Horsepower
- Bored .030 Over
- Keith Black Slugs
- Edelbrock Carb, Intake and Roller Cam
- Headman Headers
- Finned Aluminum Valve Covers
- Inside the cabin one will enjoy the plush full custom luxurious surroundings
- Air Conditioning provided by Hot Rod Air
- Sony Deluxe Sound System with CD Deck, Sony Receiver, Kenwood Speakers, Alpine Amp
- EZ Wiring
- Billet Accessories
- Bone and Tan Vinyl with Buick handcrafted stitching
- Lowered top and lowered stance give this car its Gangster appearance
- To achieve this sleek effect, the top was chopped 4 inches and the post removed and rear slide out side windows fitted and installed
- French 53 Merc Headlights were used and the rear French Tailights were handmade
- The front bumper comes from a 1956 Cadillac and it is worked into the existing Long Tooth Buick Grill wrapped around it; the rear bumper is a 1951 Cadillac
- The paintwork is a most stunning and brilliant Sunfire Pearl with tasteful ghost flames flowing down the side
- Custom made one-off Chrome with Smoothie Cap Wheels and nostalgic Wide White Wall tires keep it firmly planted